What information we collect
We collect your personal information when you visit, an Eye Life store or contact us via Telephone, mail, email, facsimile, or through our website.
The information that we collect may include your name, address and contact details
birth date, health information, credit card information, occupation, answers to lifestyle questions to better understand your eyewear and eye care needs and assist us to offer the best options. We maintain a history of your transactions with our business.
There may be also occasions when we need to obtain personal information from a third party. For example we may collect personal information from your Health Fund or from a government agency such as Medicare Australia. These third parties will for instance advise us of your eligibility to rebates on eyecare services and eyewear products.
How we use your personal information
The personal information we collect is generally used
- to provide products and services to our customers;
- to respond to requests or inquiries;
- to maintain records for warranty administration of products or services purchased
- to transact payments of accounts in accordance with banking and card merchant practices
- to evaluate, develop and enhance our websites and our services;
- to conduct website and system administration, such as for the technical support of our websites and computer systems;
- to provide information to individuals about products or services that we think may be of interest to them;
- to communicate special offers, promotions or seek your input on your service from Eye Life;
- to advise you of upcoming eye examination appointments; and
- to advise you when you need another eye test
How we might share your information?
We may disclose the personal information that Eye Life holds to:
1. contractors, service providers or our suppliers engaged by Eye Life to assist with the administration process or providing services or products related to the provision of eyecare and/or eyewear services.
2. banks or financial institutions for the purpose of processing payments
3. third parties without your authorisation such as law enforcement agencies or government agencies
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy or electronically.
Eye Life takes precautions by both technical and physical means to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Access to Personal Information
Eye Life will on request provide you with information about you which we hold.
A charge may be applicable. If the information held by Eye Life is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Eye Life to correct the information.
The Privacy Officer
210 Barkly Street
St Kilda Vic 3182